This program is designed for dogs that are exhibiting intense dog aggression, fear aggression, human aggression, and biting as well as other severe issues. It can also be a program for more intense obedience. We are extremely well known for working with extremely challenging dogs, in fact no dog has ever been turned away from our program because of a bad/dangerous/unwanted behavior. We deal with dogs who have bitten children and adults, as well as dogs who have gotten into dog fights. Working with aggression is not like working on an obedience command, it is much more intense work, takes much longer, is much more dangerous for the staff and trainer.
How far can your dog go in a longer program? That is a great question and has lots of variables, during and after the training. It is our goal to get as far as we can with your dog while he/she is with us. Our goal is always to be able to get a dog to exist around people and dogs. As far as how much interaction they can have, we will not know until we start working the dog. We will always give you an honest assessment during and after training of what your dogs immediate limitations will be. The great thing is when you follow through with our training program you get 8 1 hour classes that are good for 4 months. They did not get this way overnight and these issues take time to correct but each day/week/month just keeps getting better and better with you and your dogs behavior. This program is a starting point to get the dog on the right track and correcting behaviors. What is worked on in these sessions?
- Walking properly on a leash without pulling, barking, lunging, sniffing, or reacting to dogs and/or distractions
- Correcting bad behaviors - jumping up on people, jumping on countertops, mouthing, nipping, chasing, playing keep-away
- Recall training (with and without distractions some may need longer or more training)
- Separation Anxiety (some separation issues need a longer program)
- Crate Nonsense (barking, whining, etc.)
- Heeling properly on leash and eliminating leash reactivity (some intense leash reactivity needs a longer program)
- Building confidence with your dog so you get a better off well mannered dog.
- Leadership skills with your dog so your dog understands proper pack order with humans, eliminating a lot of pushy behavior dogs have. This is also great for nervous fearful dogs.
- Work with your dog on the anxiety and fear that is driving most unwanted behaviors
- Dog Aggression issues - attacking dogs, biting dogs, improper greeting and social skills
- Human Aggression Issues
All Board and Train programs include 8 one hours classes good for 4 months as well as your able to get into the Facebook Challenge group for access to the trainer in between classes.IMPORTANT
Board and Train dogs will be picked up & dropped off by the client (owner).Board & Train Policy
Once accepted for the Board & Train program, you will receive an email with details and available dates. The deposit payment is due in order to secure your dog's
($1800 deposit) reservation.This also requires signing the waiver forms prior to purchase.